Six Days Until REBarCamp Orlando – Need To Know Facts
It’s almost time! Last minute plans are coming together, packing has begun, business being crammed into the last days before the BIG event, Real Estate BarCamp Orlando 2012! So, I’m getting the calls, hearing the excitement in the air, fielding the questions about what to do and how to do it all at REBarCamp.
Where To Go
The Orlando World Center Mariott is a HUGE Place – So here’s you a map! Look for the Signs to the Convention Center – Main Floor Near the
Here are a few things to do right now and the morning of REBarCamp Orlando:
- Pack comfortable clothes – you may be sitting on the floor at times
- Pack light – limited wi-fi will be available (you can bring your own of course)- this year it’s much more organic and engaging!
- Be thinking of what you REALLY want to know from your peers, what you REALLY want to share
- Bring a Patient, Friendly, Engaging Attitude – Controversy or criticism just isn’t cool – Remember this is an “ad-hoc” event
What to do on REBarCamp Orlando Day:
- Plan to arrive early! Registration is open at 8:30 and it will be BUSY!
- Park in Self-Parking – Tell Bring Your Ticket To The Event – to Get Discount ($12/day normally)
- Print and bring your ticket – should have gotten it at registration, but we’ll email again on Sunday, Aug. 5th!
- Identify the VOLUNTEERS – likely wearing lei’s, tiaras or “signs”
- Eat a good breakfast or bring a protein bar! Your brain will need fuel!
- Bring $10 – $15 for a box lunch
- If you are bumped on or off the schedule – ADAPT and MOVE TO DIFFERENT SPOT
- Watch the WHITEBOARD – That’s the Schedule – IT CHANGES during the day!
Apps That Will Help You At REBarCamp Orlando:
- Simplenote – a FREE Application runs on iPhone, iPad. Keep lists, notes, and ideas on the web and your mobile device. Share with others and search capability allows you to surf the web.
- Evernote – FREE on iPhone, Android, Blackberry, Windows Mobile, Palm Pre. Robust notetaking, recording features, camera captures, weblinks and more! There will probably be a session on Evernote during REBarCamp! HINT!!
- MindNode – iPad, iPhone, ITouch – $9.99 allows you to create mind maps from your notes, brainstorming, planning, projects, etc. Highly interactive and easy to use.
ENGAGEMENT APPS FOR REBARCAMP ORLANDO:
- Twitter – If you are not friends with @REBCORL - Do so! Folllow the #REBCORL hashtag – connect to other attendees, post tweets and reminders for yourself and others. Shout-outs welcome!!
- TweetDeck – Manage your Twitter follows, hastags, lists, etc. Multi columns – available for iPhone, Android, Google Chrome. Send updates directly to Facebook as well!
- Facebook - REBarCamp Orlando has a Facebook Page – “Like” and post!
- Flickr – REBarCamp Orlando has a Flickr Account – Create yours and connect! Post your event photos for all of us to see!
- Foursquare – REBarCamp Orlando 2012 has a Foursquare location – Post, follow your friends, move room to room
- LinkedIn – REBarCamp Oralndo has a LinkedIn Group – Now you are fully connected and engaged – keep the conversations going for your future success and masterminding!
EVENTS BEFORE BarCamp
Don’t Miss the Pre-Event Networking Opp at Bahama Breeze – See the WHEN AND WHERE Page on the website!
EVENTS AFTER BarCamp
High Velocity Lounge for Meet up after REBarCamp – That’s where most will be, laughing about what they learned, continuing conversations, making plans for the next event,..etc! Again, Follow the When and Where Page!
We are getting close – Take a look at Where the Attendees are coming from!! Attendees from over 20 States will be at this Year’s REBarCamp Event – If you think that’s a BID deal – Raise your hand and High-Five me with some comments will ya!
SEE YOU AUGUST 8TH!